Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm back with changes

This blog has returned, but it will be different than the one which was here prior. It will consist of my opinions and other assorted things on the world of sports with some 'other' activities included from time to time. There will be less about my personal life or the antics of friends involved.
For those who read a few facts about me. I grew up in Southern California, Manhattan Beach to be precise. I have worked as a sportswriter for the Watertown Daily Times in upstate New York since late 1993 and my main beat is the Clarkson University men's hockey team.
I should also include teams I like so any biases I may have can be known, although I think I can be fair even if I write about a team I like or dislike.
Baseball: Los Angeles Angels
Basketball: Pro - Los Angeles Lakers; Colleges - University of Arizona and USC
Football: Pro - Oakland Raiders; Colleges - USC and University of Arizona (note: USC football is something I've loved since I was eight years old!)
Hockey: Los Angeles Kings (can you guys win something just ONCE!?)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

yeaaaaaaah!

Richard J said...

Cap--The answer to the Kings question is NO! The owners need to spend all their time and money on the Galaxy.

And as one of your friends, I promise to be on my best behavior....